Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sue Dat!

What up mon peeps? Y'all heard of this thing called intellectual property? The NFL be saying that they own the trademark to the New Orleans Saints' cheer of choice, "Who Dat!", and are suing to prevent the phrase from being used on T-shirts. Now I ain't no lawyer, nor have I ever set foot in a law school, nor would I ever even consider doing so, but I gotta say that this lawsuit seems to me to be without merit. But again, what do I know? I'm just a 7'2" professional basketball player. For the Cleveland Cavs (editor's note: the NBA's effort to trademark the human calf muscle was rejected by the Ohio Supreme Court in 1987). It's bad enough that the NFL owns the color brown and the number 49, now we Saints fans have to deal with this ish right as we begin to prepare for the biggest moment in franchise history? How we supposed to stand up and get crunk if we can't even drunkenly chant WHO DAT! without paying a fee to the league office? Sean Payton, if you're reading this blog, take care of this please. Property is theft, ya feel me? Proper tea, on the other hand, is delicious.

No comments: