Thursday, September 02, 2010

Palindrome

Hey yo, how y'all be living? Y'all heard of this literary technique known as the palindrome? When I first heard of that shit, I was suspicious, seeing as how it seemed improbable that any useful or interesting literary technique could be named after Sarah Palin, former governor of Alaska and current head of Al-Aska Martyrs' Brigade. After all it's common knowledge that she is, how shall I put it, a bit slow. In the brain. Some might even go so far as to call her not smart. Like maybe she's so not smart that she thinks Eugene V. Debs was a court case. I don't want to be mean or anything but she just isn't the most brilliant person out there. Like maybe she's so not brilliant that she thinks the Mongolian Steppe is a dance move.

So imagine my surprise when I discovered that the palindrome is actually an amazing invention. Palin is a lot smarter than I initially gave her credit for. So anyways, a palindrome is a word or sentence that is spelled the same way backwards and forwards. Pretty crazy huh? Sarah Palin invented them to make life easier for dyslexic people. She is truly a humanitarian.

Anyways, the other night me and the reanimated corpse of former Poet Laureate Robert Frost had a poetry contest as part of my acclaimed Shaq Versus television series. The theme of the episode was palindromic poetry. We had to each come up with a poem in which each line was a palindrome, and luckily we had the option of adding an extra non-palindromic line at the end to complete the rhyme scheme. And guess what? I won!!! Ain't nothing Shaqdaddy can't do. My domination nose know bounds.

Be with gin, a night I web.
Don drowsy's word: Nod.

Defer as pandas' sad naps are fed

No peels o' sleep on

Which to bed.


UPDATE: Here is Mr. Frost's poem. It doesn't make much sense. Perhaps I should stop challenging zombies.

He did pose as Aesop did, eh?
Don't nod.
Toronto got no rot.
You, bay a buoy.
Salt an Atlas.
Never odd or even.
My name is Steven.

1 comment:

SirFatty said...

I had no idea Palin invented those! What a smrt lady. She is my hero.