Saturday, September 17, 2005

The biggest goddamn crisis in the history of this country, or, CHA-CHING!!!

Yo y'all. I haven't been posting lately cuz fuck it. You know? But man, something I read the other day pissed me off so much I just had to share it with you all. By now yuh all probably heard of this thing called Katrina (or as Laura Bush would say, "Hurricane Corrina") that completely leveled portions of America's Gulf Coast, including Trent Lott's house. I think I heard that it damaged New Orleans as well, so now comes the time to undertake the difficult task of determining how to best rebuild that city. I think (or at least hope) that the majority of people would want Newer Orleans to have basically the same spirit and temperament as New Orleans, of course with the addition of a more sound levee system and at least some semblance of a decent functioning mass transit system. However, my fear is that some hardcore Conservatives in government have a far more sinister plan for Newer Orleans. Here’s an excerpt from the article that pissed me off:

"The desire to bring conservative, free-market ideas to the Gulf Coast is white hot," says Rep. Mike Pence, the Indiana Republican who leads the Republican Study Group, an influential caucus of conservative House members. "We want to turn the Gulf Coast into a magnet for free enterprise. The last thing we want is a federal city where New Orleans once was."
“Where New Orleans once was”?!?!? Fuck you, Mike Pence! There's already some evidence that Republicans are going to use the rebuilding of New Orleans as their own personal laboratory to finally observe the real-life effects of some of their crazier pet theories which would never gain approval through normal legislative avenues, but they usually disguise their true aims in the form of vague assurances that New Orleans will be rebuilt "bigger and better". It’s actually nice to see such a candid quote in which the real intentions of the Conservatives are laid bare. New Orleans was too eccentric and unkempt for their liking, what with all those French-sounding street names, all those drunken dissolute tourists, and of course all those Negroes and their infernal jazz. Plus, not enough skyscrapers. But luckily God has given them this blessed crisitunity and they can now remake New Orleans to cater to the sensibilities of this tool and millions like him:



"I presume to know exactly how to rebuild New Orleans even though my state can't figure out what goddamn time zone to use."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy fucking shit!!! Your blog is so honestly refreshing! I'm definitely going to add you to my favorites and tell all my spambot friends about you!!! ! !! And build a makeshift shrine in your honor in my shed! Come check out my site if you get the time and need to have your penis enhancement device refinanced :^")

Gary - www.horsecock.com

Filthy McNasty said...

Wow man. Your blog is honest. It's refreshing also. You know what else is refreshing? Sprite. Go to www.sprite.com for more information. I see that in your blog you mention the hurricane. If you want to help out in the hurricane relief effort, just go to this website: www.sprite.com. I bookmarked your site and told my blogger freak friends about it. They didn't even believe me. Then they beat the shit out of me. Did I bleed into my shirt? Yes. Is the stain still there? No. If you want to know how I got the stain out of the shirt, go to www.sprite.com. That's my blog site, with my blog on it. I hope we can be great friends, me and sprite. I mean you. Me and you.

SirFatty said...

my favorite name for a hurricane is corrina. yo, my families is goin back to tha metry today or tomorrow. i gotsta stay here for another week though cuz i gots me a job here in BR. i hope that some of these people what be noticing your blog are people that i told about it cuz i been tellin people to post comments. bitches.

Anonymous said...

yo shaq, its the $haft, it seems youve got some admirers. Anyways i saw you in the new icy hot pad commercial, your line of 'i want a championship so bad it hurts' as your lifting weights should win you an oscar or something. Anyways i came across this shit, check it out, seems its never too early to teach your kid about evil people.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0976726904/ref%3Dase%5Fhttpwwwandrec-20/002-7269026-2012060/intercomu2-20/103-2620395-5760638

crazy huh? anyways keep on writing, its just so honest and refreshing!

$haft